The Festival of Lights Holiday Kick-Off Party is a premier family event for the Ahwatukee community that raises funds for the lighting of the medians over the holidays on Chandler Boulevard and provides a fun event for the community. We have inflatables, rides and games for the children, Marketplace Street Fair, a beer garden, restaurants throughout the park, visits with Santa, entertainment for the family, and other fun activities. Up to 15,000 attend the daylong festival. This year is our 24th Anniversary and we hope this Kick Off Party will be as successful as the past years. We hope that you will join us.
This year we will again have two entertainment areas.
- The Festival Stage will be located on the west side of the park with a large stage, full sound system and plenty of seating in front. Bands, choral groups and small performance groups will enjoy this setting. Performances 12pm – 9:00pm.
- The Candy Lane Pavilion will be located on the basketball court in the heart of the park with ample seating and provides a perfect area for dance, theatre, acrobatics and large groups to perform. Performances 12 pm – 6:30 pm
We welcome applications from local groups that would like to perform during the day.
We have limited time slots available and if you are not successful in your application this year we hope that you will apply again next year.
Please contact Deb Hoover, Festival of Lights at email@example.com with any entertainment questions!
If you are interested in performing, please complete the application form below
or DOWNLOAD, print and mail to
Festival of Lights, ATTN: Entertainment
3961 E Chandler Blvd. #111-363, Phoenix, AZ. 85048
Community Entertainment at the Kick-Off Party Desert Foothills Park
Rules and Regulations
Please review the following information regarding performing at the 24th Annual Festival of Lights Kick-Off Party. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are open to all community members, groups, associations, schools and individuals.
- Groups and individuals will be given 20 minutes of performance time plus 5 minutes for set up and 5 minutes for breakdown.
- All performances must be in good taste.
- All applications will be reviewed by committee and voted on. Decisions by the committee will be considered final.
- The committee will decide which performance location is assigned to each performing group.
- Criteria considered will be to offer a cross section of ages performing and a cross section of performance types (dance, choral, musical groups, martial arts, bands etc.)
Day of Event
- Limited drop off space is available. No onsite parking is allowed.
- Parking is adjacent to Desert Foothills Park for your convenience. A free shuttle will also run from Altadena School parking lot.
- All performance groups will check in 20 minutes prior to their scheduled performance time and be ready to perform 5 minutes before their scheduled time.
- All site requirements must be submitted with the application.
- All sound systems provided by the participating group must be pre-checked before 12:00 pm and ready to go.